Russian Online Dating Scam: Learn To Detect It
Russian scam dating cases continue to grow. There are so many reports of people being scammed, so is it possible to avoid that? The problem of online dating scammers isn’t a recent one. There are some indicators that can help you be wiser and more careful when dating online.
Top Russian dating sites
- Fast and easy registration process
- Real and descriptive profiles of girls
- A great number of stunning Eastern European ladies on the site
- No hidden costs
- Reliable and helpful customer support team
- Easy to use and navigate dating site
- Most JollyRomance members are looking for a romantic relationship
- 3-5 minutes registration process
- A great number of stunning Eastern and West European girls’ profiles
- Helpful customer support team is available 24/7
- Pleasant and easy to navigate website design
- Favorable pricing policy
- The platform offers a user-friendly experience
- Several ways to connect with other members
- The site has a great database of Eastern European girls’ profiles
- High response rate and activity among users
- AmourFactory users are often looking for love and or even serious relationships
- Many women profiles available from different European countries
- Modern design and user-friendly interface
- There is a large base of European women and singles
- Profile builder makes writing your profile a breeze
- Lots of Slavic hot girls registered
- Profile photo and profile information can be changed later
- Control who sees your profile
How dangerous is the problem of online dating scam?
It’s hard to say that people lose everything with Russian dating scammers, but still, the problem is prevalent. In general, it’s about being disappointed in the 3 main investments in online dating.
The first is the money people are ready to spend to find their ideal wives online. By spending their finances, they think that they’ll reach that person, unaware that all money is being spent in vain.
The second thing is about time. People spend lots of time with people they believe to be appealing ladies online, again unaware of the fact that they’re being scammed during the communication online.
Finally, it’s about unrealized expectations. Indeed, loneliness is one of the main reasons why people seek relief in online dating and believe that a girl online is someone they’ve been waiting for so much. When things turn out to be radically different, it’s a huge disappointment.
How to spot mail order bride scam?
The behavioral pattern of Russian online dating scam profiles can be easily observed if you know where and how to look at them. Here are some common signs that you can be communicating with Russian dating scam profiles:
- Such profiles tend to have many excuses when asked for a video call, and they’ll do everything to postpone any video chats.
- Discrepancies of information can be evident when communicating with such profiles, giving the impression that you’re communicating with different people every time.
- Discrepancies in English level are also evident in such profiles, as one day they can be speaking fluent English, while on the day, their English can be lame.
- Such online dating scam profiles will find any excuse to ask for money, and for example, they might say they have a birthday, or they might have had a car accident.
- Some might confess their love too early, and some even will want to be yours forever without even knowing you.
How to be careful online?
To avoid the problem of Russian dating site scams, you need to understand how fake or scam profiles attempt to get money from you. Here are some tips that might be useful:
- Benefit from reading reviews before you register and create a profile on the site.
- Be sure that you’ll pick a good, reliable, and legitimate platform.
- Ask for a video call, as this trick will help you eliminate the majority of scam profiles.
- Ask questions of the same type from time to time to detect inconsistencies in these profiles.
- Never share information that can be too sensitive or too personal like contact details or your bank account number.
- Don’t ever send gifts or flowers to a person who you don’t know for sure, and some experts suggest not sending anything until you have some video calls with that person.
- Always go through profiles and their information so that you can understand whether a person can be real or not.
What are the most common Russian dating scams online?
Let’s figure out how you can be scammed while seeking a date from Russia.
Fake dating sites
Usually, the most common way to get scammed is to use a fake online dating platform. You may find plenty of portals that imitate a real and working platform with thousands of girls for marriage. However, you will not find a single real bride there – every single profile is controlled by a complex system of bots. Basically, you will pay money to chat with algorithms.
Fake people behind profiles
Sometimes, online dating sites with bad security measures may create accounts of beautiful and young Russian mail order brides and look for gullible men to get their money. While the site per se does not encourage such actions, the administration is simply not aware of such profiles. We will help you distinguish such sites and understand how to avoid them.
A bride may ask you for money
Although it is not exactly a case of a scam action, very often, real mail order brides may beg you to send them some money. Usually, they could tell you a tear-jerking story about their family or situation they are in. We would not recommend sending money directly to your bride, but it is up to you.
As you may understand, frauds and scams are quite common in the online dating industry. However, we hope that you are not discouraged from using online dating as with enough preparation and knowledge about Russian dating scams, you can easily avoid getting fooled and enjoy high-quality communication with the best online dating women for marriage. The only thing that we advise you to do is to take your time and make sure that you research your platform beforehand. Make sure that you know a lot about your selected dating site – rest assured, there is plenty of information that you can find about a place to meet a date. If you see no information online, it may be because the site was just created, which is why you should avoid using it.